Gardening is a unique form of leisure time activity, and it also promotes the value of your property. However, we are sometimes faced by inevitable challenges such as health complications- which can affect our ability to garden effectively. In particular, health issues such as arthritis is a common health issue facing gardeners today.
While such health issues might affect the performance of a gardener, there are various top tools to make the process simple. In particular, these tools have been designed to provide multiple design benefits including comfort, durability, productivity and more.
Equipped with one of these gardening tools for arthritis sufferers, and you can instantly take your gardening prowess to the next level. They include
Top Tools That Will Make Gardening Easier for You in 2020
The Gardener’s Friend Pruners, Ratchet Pruning Shears
No more painful pruning. The Gardener`s Friend Pruners is the ideal addition to your gardening regimen. If you have a weak grip or hand pain from Arthritis or other mobility problems, then these pruners and shears are perfect. The unique and effective ratchet mechanism does well to leverage cuts with a fraction of effort required my conventional pruners. The pruner also has a designed based on 30 years of gardening experience. Equipped with a sturdy ratchet system, these pruners can cut almost any type of plants, trees or branches. You can check out other cool secateurs for people with arthritis.
- A unique and effective ratchet mechanism
- Designed based on 30 years of gardening experience
- Durable ratchet system for dynamic cutting
- The ratchet requires an improved handle structure
Radius Garden, NRGSET, NRGSET Ergonomic Garden Hand Tool Set, Original Green
With the NRGSET Ergonomic Garden Hand Tool Set, you can easily gain access to an award-winning gardening tool. It comes with an ultra-lightweight and die-cast aluminum blade that is durable. Furthermore, the patented ergonomic, natural radius grip offers additional leverage, thereby reducing hand and wrist stress when working. As one the most adaptive garden tools ever created, this set is made using a comfortable non-latex and thermoplastic elastomer material. Also, the durable gardening tool design offers optimal longevity and durability benefits.
- Dynamic design serves as a Trowel, Weeder, and Cultivator
- Ultra-lightweight and die-cast aluminum blades
- Patented and ergonomic natural radius grip for extra leverage
- The ergonomic grip should provide more comfort
Fiskars 339950-1001 39″ 4-Claw Weeder, 1-Pack
Fiskars is a brand leader in producing high-quality gardening tools. A good example is the Fiskars 339950-1001 39″ 4-Claw Weeder. This unit is ideal for permanently removing dandelions, thistles and various other forms of invasive weeds. Besides that, the long shaft does well to eliminate sore knees including backache and various other forms of pain. The offset handle design also provides enhanced ergonomics and also does well to reduce wrist strain and to promote grip.
- Long shaft reduces sore knees when kneeling
- Unique offset handle design for optimal ergonomic benefits
- Ideal for eliminating various types of invasive weeds
- Users complain of keen and back pain after excessive usage
Radius Garden 25602 Pro-Lite Ergonomic Carbon Steel Edger, Green
Change the way in which you take care of your garden by investing in the Radius Garden 25602 Pro Lite Ergonomic Carbon Steel Edger. It comes with a sharp edge that makes it simple to cut through sod and roots like butter. Besides that, the Pultruded fiberglass shaft with the heavy duty carbon steel blade offers enhanced comfort. With the unique patented and natural handle grip, this unique garden tool offers optimal grip and performance benefits.
- Comes with a pultruded fiberglass shaft
- Patented, ergonomic, and natural radius handle grip
- Made using a comfortable and thermoplastic elastomer
- The handle gets damaged after excessive usage
Qualities of good gardening tools for people with arthritis
Similar to purchasing any type of product, good or even service, there are some few key factors to evaluate to ensure the best value for money. To be specific, users who suffer from arthritis might have to consider specific features to reduce any strain on the joints. Consider the following design features:
- Ergonomic features- ergonomic features for people with arthritis is an essential factor to consider. The ergonomic features make the garden tools comfortable to use, especially during tough gardening procedures. A great example of ergonomic gardening tools include the rubberized handles.
- Simplicity of use- even more, the ideal gardening tool should be simple to set up. In other words, the gardener does not have to struggle with issues such as missing nuts or bolts. The tool should be ready to use, and lightweight enough to provide convenient storage or portability. The users should also experience additional benefits ease of garden tool maintenance.
- Safety features- people with arthritis are delicate and can experience pain during delicate procedures such as cutting. Therefore, the other quality of a good gardening tool for users with arthritis should be that it offers optimal safety.
Finally, when you want to become a successful gardener, you need to invest in the correct gardening tools. Moreover, if you have physical challenges such as arthritis, you also have to keen interest in the tools you select for your gardening. The best gardening tools for arthritis patients that make gardening easy for people arthritis should have certain qualities. These qualities are crucial towards your gardening productivity and in reducing the likelihood of affecting your physical health.