One of the easiest ways to herd your animals without needing to watch them every so often is by using solar fencing. This ensures that your animals graze within the set borders or regions without going astray and roaming. It may appear to be crude, but the jolt released by the fence is minimal, and it only seeks to deter the animals from leaving the grazing enclosure.
As a plus, the solar-charged fence enables you to regrow run-down grazing regions so the grass and shrubs and regrow for later feeding purposes. And for your solar fence to work, you will need a solar fence charger to power it. Not only does it convert solar energy to electricity, but it also stores leftover energy later.
Here are the best solar fence chargers in the market currently.
Top 5 Solar Fence Chargers Of 2020
Parmak DF-SP-LI Solar Pak
This is one of the most long-lasting solar fence chargers in the market. It has low impedance, and it features an exclusive built-in performance meter. It delivers 1.6 joules of power even in areas with wet weeds and bush. It is suitable for livestock control in small to medium size pastures.
The charger can power up to 25 miles of fence.
- Solar panel
- Sealed rechargeable 6-volt battery
- Charges up to 25 miles of fence
- 6 joules
- UL Listed
- Built-in performance meter
- Can be used for 21 days in total darkness
- Low power charge
Parmak Magnum Solar-Pak 12
The Parmak reliable solar fence charger features a sealed 12-volt rechargeable battery. It has low impedance for optimal power usage. The charger can power up to 30 miles of fence, and it delivers 3.1+ joules.
The charger is weatherproof and is ideal for large pasture. It comes with a two-year warranty, including lightning protection and a one-year battery warranty. It also has a state-of-the-art solar panel for superior charging power.
- 2-year warranty including lightning damage
- Twelve-volt battery warranted one year.
- 12-volt rechargeable battery
- 1+ joules
- UL listed
- Low impedance for maximum power, longer life
- Has a performance meter that shows the condition of the fence
- State-of-the-art solar panel
- Charges up to 30 miles of fence
- It is relatively heavy and can only be installed on a solid fence
Zareba ESP10M-Z 10-Mile Solar Fence Charger
The Zareba solar fence charger for sheep can be used to power up to 10 miles of electric fencing. It features a built-in mounting bracket for mounting it on Tposts, Yposts, and round wood posts. The charger comes with a 1-Year Limited Warranty, including lightning damage.
The charger delivers 0.15 output joules and can be used in a horse, cattle, and pig enclosures. The charger also features a built-in solar panel and easy-grip screw-on terminal knobs. The charger can be sued with steel wire, aluminum wire, poly tape, poly wire, and poly rope electric fences.
- 15 output joules
- Easy to mount on a fence or wall
- Use on up to 10 miles of fence
- Features easy-grip screw-on terminal knobs
- Slotted mounting bracket
- Mounts on t-posts, y-posts and round posts
- Input voltage: 6 VDC
- Low-impedance technology
- Can be used with steel, aluminum, poly wire, poly rope, and poly tape fences
- Less battery drainage
- Resists shorts
- 1-year limited warranty
- Needs proper grounding for discharging purposes
Zareba ESP5M-Z 5-Mile Solar Fence Charger
This solar fence charger for cattle grazing can power up to 5 miles of electric fencing. The charger can operate for up to 2 weeks without sunshine. It has a built in the mounting bracket for Tposts, Yposts, and round wood posts. The charger’s 360-degree rotation allows the charger to rotate should you need to turn the solar panel to face sunlight.
The charger comes with a 1-Year Limited Warranty, including lightning damage. It delivers 0.10 output joules and is best for short-haired animals like horses, cattle, and pigs.
The charger has a built-in solar panel that collects the sun’s energy, converts it into electricity, and stores it for a rainy day. The charger is compatible with Steel Wire, Aluminum Wire, Polytape, Polywire, and Polyrope electric fences.
- 360-degree rotation
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
- Fence compatibility: Steel Wire, Aluminum Wire, Polytape, Polywire, Polyrope
- 10 Output Joules
- Operates up to 2 weeks without sun
- Built-in mounting bracket
- Can be mounted on Tposts, Yposts, and round wood posts
- Easy to install
- Use on up to 5 miles of fence
- It is not waterproof – cannot withstand a torrential downpour
Gallagher S10 Solar Electric Fence Charger
The Gallagher solar fence charger for pigsties is perfect for remote locations with unreliable or no access to mains power. The charger can power up to a 3-mile single wire fence perimeter or half a mile of a multi-line perimeter fence. Which is approximately 5-15 acres of land. The charger is portable and easy to install. It comes with a built-in solar panel and a rechargeable 6V battery.
Check this too: Best Solar Flagpole Light
It is ideal for garden protection, temporary grazing applications, livestock, and pet containment. The charger uses battery saving technology that can maintain power for up to 3 weeks without sunshine.
The charger has a 360-degree mounting capability, a water-resistant case with carrying handle, and built-in lightning protection. Lastly, the charger comes with a full 3 Year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Three-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Rechargeable 6v battery
- Battery saving technology
- 360-degree mounting capability
- Built-in lightning protection
- Compatible with poly wire and turbo wire
- Quick and easy to install
- Tough, water-resistant case
- It has a carry handle
- Low joule emission
The best solar fence charger should be able to convert most of the solar power absorbed by the solar panel into electricity. This will enable you to have copious amounts of energy for use and storage to be used on rainy days. The solar charger should also be weather resistant. It should also be easy to mount and install. Opt for a solar charger that is compatible with your electric fence.
When it comes to farming pecan trees, you will either get a bumper harvest or get hollow shells with barely any pecans, which is all down to your tree's nourishment. How do you ensure your pecan...
To keep your irrigation system running, you need to winterize the sprinkler system. The process can be hectic if it's your first time. You may require some professional consultation to know your...