If you have a hilly and sloppy lawn, then mowing is an uphill task for you. And most often than not, a regular lawn mower will not cut it. You need to consider the wheel height adjustment, torque, and horsepower for it to be able to maneuver the landscape.
And for this reason, you need to invest in the best lawn mower for hills and steep slopes. With the wide array of lawn mowing options in the market, you will need to consider several factors when picking a low mower for your gradient faced lawn.
Top Lawn Mower For Hills And Steep Slopes in 2021
Husqvarna Z254 54 in. 26 HP Kohler Hydrostatic Zero-Turn Riding Mower
Known for their tool manufacturing prowess. They have not failed to disappoint on this front. They have one of the best riding lawn mowers for steep slopes. It has a 26 horsepower Kohler engine that enables it to start up easily and accelerates fair fast compared to other lawnmowers. It has a maximum speed of 6.5 MPH.
It has a patent-pending park brake system that automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward. Which is ideal to avoid any freak accidents. It also has Air induction mowing technology that draws air from the top and bottom of the deck, thus improving grass cutting. It also has a reinforced steel stamped cutting deck is made from heavy-duty steel for maximum durability.
Check this too: Best Hearing Protection For Lawn Mowing
- 26 horsepower Kohler engine
- Patent-pending park brake system
- Air induction mowing technology
- Reinforced steel stamped cutting deck
- Easy to start
- Made from durable material
- Uncomfortable seat
Honda prides itself with having one of the best steep slope mowers in the market. The Self-propelled, mower with variable speed options as well as an easy starting, powerful Honda GCV200 engine aims to please. It has a 4-in-1 Versamow System that mulches, bags, discharges, and shreds leaves. It also comes with state of the art micro cut twin Blades.
It has a maximum speed of 4 miles per hour. Additionally, its torque allows it to cut thick grass easily. It also can choose from a variety of speed options using a speed adjust dial. It is also made from rustproof metal for increased durability. You can also adjust the height to seven different heights.
- 3-position Quick Release adjustable handle
- Seven position cutting height adjustment
- Large 2.5-bushel capacity grass bag
- Flywheel brake safety system
- Manual fuel shut-off valve
- You can go further before emptying the bag
- convenient rear discharge
- Quick Release adjustable handle
- Wheel height adjusters are easy to use
Snapper P2185020E / 7800982
This is the best lawn mower for steep banks. It comes with a Briggs and Stratton 850 professional Series engine with ready start starting system. Its 10-inch rear wheels make it easy to maneuver. It also has a Hi VAC deck that sucks up grass clippings for a clean finish similar to a vacuum.
It has a 3 in 1 option for mulching, discharging or suctioning the grass. Additionally, you can change the wheel height easily with its seven different height options.
- Briggs & Stratton 850 professional Series engine
- Hi VAC deck
- Three in one capability side discharge
- Seven heights of cut adjustments
- Easy to start
- Quieter than other lawn mowers
- Vacuum function makes it easy to clean up cut grass
- Difficult to assemble
The Troy Bilt lawn mower is one of the best walk behind lawn mowers in the market currently. It is powered by a 163cc Briggs & Stratton Engine, and it comes equipped with a 21-Inch TriAction cutting system with an integrated premium deck wash. It is designed with a single-lever variable speed drive control with four top speed settings for individualized comfort and control.
It has 3-in-1 side discharge capabilities, and it has 8-inch high-performance wheels and an adjustable ergonomic handle for easy use.
- 163cc Briggs & Stratton Engine
- 21-Inch traction cutting system
- Integrated premium deck wash
- 3-in-1 side discharge capabilities
- 9-bushel capacity bag
- Easy to start
- Can be stored upright
- Easy wheel height adjustment
- The self-propel feature is not easy to use
Snapper 2911525BVE Classic RER
An 11.5 horsepower Briggs and Stratton Power Built 4-Cycle OHV Engine, and vertical Stand-on-Edge Capability pits this lawnmower against all the other top-quality lawn mowers for hilly lawns. It is equipped with ReadyStart technology and an anti-vibration system for a smoother ride. Its advanced debris management system discharges grass away from the lawnmower for easier maintenance and durability.
- 5 hp Briggs & Stratton Power Built 4-Cycle OHV Engine
- Vertical Stand-on-Edge Capability
- Disc Drive Transmission
- User-Friendly Controls
- Easy to store
- Easy to start
- Not ideal for a sloped or hilly lawn
Depending on your lawn, the best lawn mower for hills and steep slopes is the one that can maneuver the slopes while cutting grass evenly, minimize your cleanup, uses little fuel, does not need regular maintenance, is easy to store, and does not cost you an arm and a leg.