Setting up a greenhouse is one way to ensure you can grow plants all year round. However, you may find your gardening options limited during the cold months since not all plants can withstand low temperatures. One way to sustain your plants when the environmental conditions seem unfavorable is by procuring the best heater for a small greenhouse.
Though the sun’s radiation may be adequate to raise air temperatures inside your greenhouse, your largest task will be to prevent the greenhouse from overheating on sunny days. During the cold months, it will be impractical to rely on the glass or plastic walls of your greenhouse to maintain warm temperatures inside. In this guide, you’ll discover five of the best greenhouse heaters to buy.
Top Heaters for a Small Greenhouse in 2020
Bio Green PAL 2.0
PAL 2.0 by Bio Green is an ideal electric fan heater for damp-proof rooms and greenhouses. The heater is compact, energy-efficient, powerful and safe to use. Its stainless steel outer shell offers robust housing that makes the product durable and adaptable to its intended environment. PAL 2.0 is the best heater for small greenhouse since it features a fan, heater and a built-in thermostat controller. The professional heating system offers your greenhouse top-notch service and guarantees maximum plant protection.
- Spraywater Waterproof IPX4 structure
- 5 kW/5.120 BTUs heating power
- Rugged construction with steel housing
- 2 ft cable length
- Adjustment range -50 to + 99 ° C (-58°F to 210.2°F)
- Extremely durable with steel outer casing
- Adjustable temperature levels (from – 50°C to 99°C) using the digital thermostat
- Splash-proof makes it ideal for moist setting
- Made for greenhouses with a surface area of up to 39 sq ft
- Its air circulation speeds don’t match its price
DMCSHOP Electric Garage Heater
As a portable and safe-to-use product, DMSHOP’s Electric Garage Heater is ideal for use around your garage and small greenhouse. The device comes with a portable space heater to allow movements around the room you want to heat. DMSHOP also included an adjustable thermostat on this safe greenhouse heater for temperature regulation. The built-in overheat protection feature helps prevent the device from damage brought by excessive heat.
- Innovative PTC technology
- Up to 3 adjustable heat settings
- Safe and durable fire-retardant metal shell
- The firm legs offer a stable setup for heating
- Easy to mount/position using different angles
- Air goes out evenly
- Short power cord
- Slots for covering the shield are too wide
Bio Green PHX 2.8
Phoenix 2.8Kw is an electric greenhouse heater by Bio Green targeting owners/managers of small greenhouses. With a stainless steel exterior, the greenhouse heating system can resist stains, scuffs, and scratches. The 2.8Kw heat output (which is among the 1.0Kw and 1.8Kw heat output options) makes PHX 2.8 capable of heating a space with a maximum area of 100 square feet.
Since it is the best heater for a small greenhouse, you can use PHX 2.8 in a room that needs consistent air or heat circulation. You can even use the device like a fan only to prevent the growth of mold and fungus and increase air circulation in the room. Phoenix 2.8 also features a flat base for floor standing and suspension chains for hanging it.
- 3 heat outputs option (1 , 1.8 and 2.8 kW)
- Spray waterproof IP X4
- Energy-Saving Thermostat Technology
- Energy efficient
- Quiet when operating
- Robust (can withstand movements)
- Razor-sharp edges may expose you to injuries
- Expensive to purchase
Infrared Heater DR218 1500W
DR218 from Dr. Infrared is an efficient heater for greenhouse designed to work well with tender plants. Using this product can help your greenhouse plants cope with extremely low temperatures. The device runs on a “fan-forced air” technology known for facilitating optimum cooling and heating. DR218 also comes designed ready to plug in a 120V 15 amp or higher outlet.
- One heating setting
- IPX4 structure comes protected against water splashes
- Heating coverage of 150 square feet
- Lightweight and portable
- IPX4 structure for protection
- Ideal for indoor and semi-outdoor environments
- You’ll need a 240V 20amp outlet for the heater to run properly
- Limited heat settings
Mr. Heater F232000 Indoor Safe Portable Heater
F232000 by Mr. Heater is a lightweight and portable greenhouse heater for the cold season with a fold-down handle that offers compact storage. Besides using it in your small greenhouse, you can use the heater to keep an indoor-safe space warm during the cold months. The device runs on propane gas, which guarantees clean burning and is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. F232000 works as a slick, compact heater with a smart yet retro look.
Check this too: Best Above Ground Pool Winter Cover
With a heating capacity of 4,000 to 9,000 BTU, Mr. Heater F232000 can heat up spaces with an area of up to 200 square feet. F232000 sets a new standard for portable and comfortable radiant heating units. The tip-over safety shut-off and low-oxygen shut-off systems offer safe and reliable heat all the time.
- Swivel regulator for easy hose and LP cylinder installation
- High-temperature wire guard
- Tip-over and low-oxygen safety shut-off features
- Large durable porcelain for directing radiant heat to a wider area
- Energy efficient (since it uses propane as fuel)
- Ranks among the quietest greenhouse heaters
- Promptly enabled auto shut off feature if you tip over the device
- Less durable than a space heater
- Needs frequent maintenance and cleaning to operate properly
Though a greenhouse heater allows you to grow warm-weather plants, you should choose one that matches your greenhouse needs. From this guide, you can identify the best heater for a small greenhouse based on your tastes. Consider reviewing your budget and power needs before choosing one of them.
Different tools operate at dissimilar CFM like we have a framing nailer and a wrench. Therefore, the compressor CFM rating and the tools and should match so that the devices operate efficiently. CFM...
Though dogs have their fur coats to keep them warm and enjoy playing in the snow, you need to winterize their kennels as they are still at risk of hypothermia or frostbite. All dog breeds need...